As the version number hints, Chapeau 23 is based on Fedora 23. Before we see what’s new in Chapeau 23 and Chapeau Linux in general, let me tell you another interesting fact. The name of Chapeau Linux is also inspired by Fedora.
Now coming back to Chapeau Linux, it is a user friendly version of Fedora which aims to “run out of the box” (like most other Linux out there). While Fedora is selective about what software are available by default, Chapeau has a vast range of software and programs available by default.
This means that you get a number of media codecs and Adobe Flash installed by default. Blue-Ray and DVD support is also better this way. Apart from the media applications, many system tools are also pre-installed. Because of all these software, the ISO sizes around 2.5 GB.
Features in Chapeau 23
Main new features in Chapeau 23 are:
- Hardware Helper Tool to inspect your hardware and manage your Nvidia drivers with ease
- GNOME 3.18 desktop environment
- Korora repository has been removed
- Python 3 is now default
Other features of Chapeau Linux (not exclusive to version 23)
- Based on Fedora 23 Workstation
- Gnome 3.18 desktop environment
- LibreOffice 5
- PlayOnLinux & Wine
- Mozilla Firefox with Adobe Flash.
- RPMFusion software sources preconfigured
- Media codecs & DVD playback support
- Gnome Boxes
- KVM virtualisation ready to go
- Dropbox integration
Complete list of Chapeau 23 features can be found here.
You can download the ISO of Chapeau 23, 2.5 GB in size, from the link below.