Unixstickers is the most prominent name when it comes to Linux and Open Source merchandising. You can get stickers, mugs, t-shirts and more on their website.
This Italy-based startup is the official merchandise partner of various Open Source projects and they share part of the profit with those projects. This is one of the many reasons why I recommend them if you are looking to buy Linux and programming related goodies.
Unixstickers has launched something unprecedented today. They asked 5 bigwigs of the FOSS world to sign a handful of limited edition stickers. Each of these signees chose a foundation or initiative that will benefit from the proceeds raised through the sales of these custom stickers.
The five FOSS personalities and their chosen projects are:
- Dave Gandy, founder of Font Awesome (Donation goes to New Story Charity)
- Yukihiro Matzumoto aka Matz, chief designer of the Ruby programming (Donation goes to Ruby Central)
- Salvatore Sanfilippo aka Antirez, creator of Redis (Donation goes to Museo dell’Informatica Funzionante)
- David Heinemeier Hansson aka DHH, creator of Ruby on Rails (Donation goes to the Electronic Frontier Foundation)
- Neil McGovern, Executive Director at the GNOME Foundation (all donations go to the GNOME Foundation)
And here are the exclusively signed stickers:
These looks great, don’t they? Since these are exclusive stickers, they are expensive. Every single sticker costs $50.
Don’t worry, not all the stickers are that expensive on Unixstickers. These limited stickers have been created specifically for the donation purpose. So you are not really buying a super expensive sticker. Instead, you are donating $50 to a charity/open source project and in return, you are getting a signed sticker of an open source leader.
If this is something that excites you, don’t hesitate to buy one from their website below:
I wonder if there will be a Linus Torvalds signed stickers in future ;) So, what do you think of this new initiative by Unixstickers?