If you are looking for a free alternative of a powerful, feature rich PDF editor like PDF-XChange Viewer, Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader in Ubuntu or other Linux distributions, then you may consider Master PDF Editor worth a try. This PDF (and XPS) editor is available for Windows and Linux both. While Master PDF Editor is a propriety tool, the Linux version is free for home usage.
You can read this article to find the easiest way to edit PDF files in Linux.
• Creating documents from any Windows application, which supports printing function.
• Changing of any PDF or XPS file content.
• Quick display of PDF and XPS files.
• Adding, removing and changing text and/or images.
• Import XPS and PDF files to BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF with resolution from 80 DPI to 600 DPI.
• Bookmarks editing.
• PDF encrypting
• PDF form fields creating and editing.
• Encrypt PDF file using 128-bit encryption method.
• Convert XPS files to PDF.
Download Master PDF Editor:
Master PDF editor is available for $0 (i.e. free for home users) in Ubuntu Software Center. Alternatively you can use this link to download Master PDF Editor.
Update: The article is wrongly put under the Open Source Software category. I should not remove it from this category and hence I apologize for the error.