Oracle has released the version 6.0.0 of its open source software, VirtualBox. VirtualBox 6.0.0 is
VirtualBox gets frequent updates and releases to meet up with new features from both the host and guest operating systems that it supports. Version 6.0 release is a major one as it brings a number of important updates.
This latest release comes with improvements in HiDPI and support for Linux 4.20 kernel which is still to be released. There are also some fixes and additions.
One of the first thing you would notice is the lean and clean user interface.
The interface has been revamped and now you can access information like snapshots, logs, disks etc in a more intuitive way.
You can also use File Manager for a running virtual machine from the Menu->Machine->File Manager. This File Manager allows you to copy/transfer files between the host and guest systems.
Major New Features in VirtualBox 6.0
- There is a great improvement in HiDPI and scaling support. The user interface is simpler to use, better display detection and more ease in setting up virtual machines.
- VirtualBox 6.0.0 comes in with support for exporting virtual machines to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- There is support for 3D graphics for Windows guests while VMSVGA 3D graphics device emulation on Solaris and Linux guests as emulation.
- Supports the surround speaker setup that is used by Windows 10 Build 1809.
-mount utility for hosts which allows users to get access to the content of guest disks on the host. vboxing
- Additional support for Hyper-V on Windows host to improve performance.
- One of the major changes of VirtualBox 6.0.0 is its support for Linux 4.20 kernel which is still to be released.
- VirtualBox 6.0.0 has an improved audio and video recording that can now be enabled separately.
- Other improvements and fixes include the serial port emulation, installer fixes for Solaris, performance improvements in shared folders, BIOS fixes, fix for building
vboxvideoon EL 7.6 standard kernel for Linux and many others which you can find in the Changelog.
Download VirtualBox 6.0
You can download VirtualBox 6.0.0 for Linux, Solaris, macOS
There are ready to install binaries available for Debian/Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.
Have you tried VirtualBox 6.0.0? Do you like the new features? Please don’t hesitate to share with us your experience in the comment section