Recently I was notified that It's FOSS was included among the top 50 Raspberry Pi blogs. Wow! That was pleasantly unexpected. Does that mean you'll be seeing more Raspberry Pi resources? Maybe :)
💬 Let's see what you have this week:
- Get familiar with workspaces in Ubuntu
- Continuation of NixOS and Terminal Basics series
- Not everything is right with the USB-C industry
- And more Linux news, open source applications, videos and memes
📰 Linux News Round-up
- The popular game engine Godot recently received a major update.
- Proton Drive mobile apps are now open-source.
- Two popular Linux apps were recently discontinued.
- LibreELEC received a new release with Kodi 20.
🛒 Interesting offer
Train your brain to think like a programmer with the trusted and entertaining experts of No Starch Press! Teach yourself foundational principles that will help improve your skills with virtually any programming language.
⏱ Ends on 20 March
💸 $1 or more
✅ Support Electronic Frontier Foundation with your purchase
🧠 What we’re thinking about
USB-C Manufacturers are pulling off some pretty shady moves.
In the latest chapter of the Linux Terminal Basics series for beginners, learn about creating new files using Linux commands.
The Nix package manager vastly differs from the usual APT and DNF package managers.
🌱 Fresh on It's FOSS
Enjoy retro gaming on Linux with DOSBox.
Written for Ubuntu, it should be valid for other distributions with the GNOME desktop environment.
📹 What we are watching
Something about customizing the LXQt desktop.
An interesting new instant messaging app.
🤣 Linux Humor
They all look the same, don't they?
❤️ Enjoying FOSS Weekly?
Forward it to Linux-using friends and encourage them to subscribe (hint: it's here).
Become a Pro member and show your support 🙏
Join our community forum.
Something else? Share it with me by pressing the reply button.