Free and open source office suite Calligra, previously known as KOffice, has released its second major version 2.5. Calligra is the default office suite in KDE. Apart from Linux, it is also available for FreeBSD, Windows and Mac OS X which makes it a complete cross platform office product. Calligra has been highly appreciated lately and is also being seen as a worthy competitor to the popular open source office suite LibreOffice. No doubt, Calligra is among the top free and open source alternatives to Microsoft Office.
New features in Calligra 2.5:
- Improved editing of tables in Words
- Minor UI changes for Sheets
- Usability improvements for Stage
- New form elements in Klexi
- Performance improvement for Krita
- Improved autosave feature
- New system for managing user profile
Download source code for Calligra 2.5.
Install the latest Calligra in Ubutnu:
Open the terminal and use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install calligra
Enjoy the new office suite :)