As you know, the main reason I started It’s FOSS is to help beginners for a better desktop Linux experience. This is why it is important that you notify me of the tutorials you would like to see here. As a reader, you might face some issues in your desktop Linux life. And if you Google and find no tutorial or very complex tutorial for your problem, feel free to request a tutorial to me.
Before you rush to submit your question/issue, please read the guidelines below:
- Please make sure that a similar tutorial doesn’t exist on It’s FOSS already. If it is outdated, feel free to send me a reminder to update it.
- I use Ubuntu as my main desktop. If you have distribution specific problem, please confine it to Ubuntu and Ubuntu based distributions.
- If you have hardware specific issue, I suggest checking on forums like Ask Ubuntu, Unix Stack Exchange etc. Not that I don’t want to help you. It’s just that you will get quicker respond in the forums than me.
- I may not be able to respond immediately so prefer not to use this ‘feature’ for emergency help. Rather, use it for some pending annoyance you want to get rid of.
- Please give me time to come up with the tutorial. Tutorial may take some time depending upon my work schedule, resource availability.
So once you have read the guidelines, feel free to fill up the form. You can also provide references to already existing solutions (if any):