Kali Linux is the preferred Linux distribution of pen-testers and hackers alike. Armed with plenty of tools, Kali Linux gives you everything that you would need to get started with hacking.
Question arises, how do you learn hacking or penetration testing (good guys that try to prevent hacking)? While there are plenty of tutorials available on the internet, Packt Publishing is offering a limited time offer on its Kali Linux cookbook that will surely help you to learn to use Kali Linux for penetration testing. Packt Publishing is a known name in technical book publication.
This cookbook is divided into numerous chapters and contains tutorials explaining the penetration testing. “The cookbook-style recipes allow you to go directly to your topic of interest if you are an expert using this book as a reference, or to follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge if you are a beginner.”
A quick summary about what Kali Linux Cookbook contains:
- Installation and setup Kali Linux on various platforms
- Customizing Kali Linux for individual needs
- Locating vulnerabilities with Nessus and OpenVAS
- Exploit vulnerabilities with Metasploit
- Learn how to escalate privileges on a compromised machine
- Learn to use Kali Linux in all phases of a penetration test
- Crack WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption
- Simulate an actual penetration test using Kali Linux
This book is free to download till 2nd Feb 2016. Now, as the saying goes, there are no free lunches. Even though the offer is ‘free download’, you’ll have to provide your email id.
If you are okay with receiving various email offers and newsletters, you can use your regular email. Otherwise, you can use a temporary email.
You can also check out this website to download free technical books and important case studies.