Chakra Linux which is an Arch Linux based distribution and ships with KDE desktop environment has announced the release of the first Claire series. The Claire Series is the code name of KDE 4.9 release which is dedicated to Claire Lotion. The new Chakra release boasts of a brand new stylish theme Dharma among many other features.
- KDE 4.9.0
- Linux 3.4.6 (3.0.35 optional)
- Latest Grub2-2.00, including graphical dharma theme, Qt 4.8.2
- DVD image, including all locales and a nice selections of apps
- Kapudan, Chakra’s desktop greeter, and all around first setup tool
- All new artwork called “Dharma”
- Enhancements to Chakra tools like cbundle/cinstall, welcome-plasmoid, tribe and the introduction of “spun”
- Updated xorg-server, and all the latest proprietary graphics drivers, including the all new catalyst-legacy
- Move to /usr/lib to prepare for systemd switch
After discontinuing the support for 32 bit computer, Chakra has removed shipping GUI for package management because Appset-qt was not able to handle the complex updates.