It’s FOSS is an award-winning web-portal that focuses on Open Source in general and Linux in particular.
While there are several other Linux websites on the internet, It’s FOSS specifically focuses on beginners to Linux world. Its motto is to make your desktop Linux experience better. The aim of It’s FOSS is to increase the number of Linux desktop users and that aim is achieved by helping them to solve various issues one might encounter. Tutorials are written keeping beginners in mind with screenshots and proper steps.
If you wonder how come It’s FOSS is different from several other blogs in the same arena, let me tell you one thing. All the tips, tricks and tutorials are tried and tested first by us. We won’t suggest you to try anything which we haven’t tried ourselves.
Apart from how-to tutorials, It’s FOSS also provides information on various applications available to make the Linux desktop experience better. News related to Open Source are also covered to keep the readers updated.
What will you learn at It’s FOSS?
You can benefit from It’s FOSS in a number of ways. Most importantly:
- learn more about desktop Linux. Be a Linux guru in your friend circle.
- solving common occurring issues in Linux
- get to know more about desktop Linux and its usage
- know and discover new Linux applications and programs to use
- know about desktop customization and beautifying your Linux desktop
- learn about the latest happening in Linux and Open Source world
- become a better Linux user
How to get more out of It’s FOSS?
- Visit the website regularly
- Use the search option on the right-hand side to look for older article on your topic of interest (we have over a thousand articles on our website)
- Add our feed to your favorite feed-reader
- Subscribe to our daily or weekly newsletter to get all the latest articles in your inbox
- Like us on Facebook to stay updated on latest happenings
- Join our exclusive Facebook group of Linux users
- Join our Google Plus community
To always stay in touch and to not lose any updates from It’s FOSS, I suggest following us on your favorite social media:
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”rounded” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” counts=”true” counts_num=”0″ total=”true” outer_color=”dark” network_names=”true”]
You must also subscribe to the weekly newsletter and you’ll never miss a post from It’s FOSS.
Awards for It’s FOSS
Apart from the regular appreciations by thousands of readers, It’s FOSS has been awarded:
- Best Software Blog by IndiBlogger in 2013
- Top 5 software blogs by Blog Add in 2015
- Top 10 Linux websites to follow by Make Use Of 2017
- Best Indian blogs in 2018
Who is behind It’s FOSS?
I am Abhishek Prakash, a software professional with 5+ years of experience. I have a double degree (in Erasmus exchange program) in Electronic and Communication Engineering from Grenoble Institute of Technology, France and Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy. I graduated from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, India in 2008 with a degree in Electronics and Communication engineering. I have a keen interest in Linux and Open Source and I virtually live by Linux. I have contributed to many top-notch technology blogs such as Make Tech Easier.
Keep in touch with me on Twitter.
Contact: [email protected]
Team It’s FOSS
For years, It’s FOSS has been Abhishek’s solo effort. But not anymore. We now have a team in place to provide you the best of Linux and Open Source. Check out the team It’s FOSS.
Because nothing comes in the world for free. Kidding :) The ads are there to support the cost of hosting and maintaining the blog. Surplus income is intended for donation to several Free and Open Source Projects and to charities as well. You can find the full list of donations here.